A UK Government Department for Work and Pensions initiative, Disability Confident supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace. The scheme aims to help organisations successfully recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, Apleona is formally committed to:
- ensuring its recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Jane Podmore, Apleona HR Director (UK & Ireland), said: “Apleona’s company strapline is Realising Potential and that represents exactly what we hope to help people achieve through being a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
“We are proud to make this promise and we look forward to working with Disability Confident to recruit, retain and develop disabled people.”
Disability Confident is entirely voluntary and was developed by representatives of employers and disabled people to make it rigorous but easily accessible.
Join 12,000 other FMs from over 46 countries at ExCeL London from the 18-20 June 2019. You and your team will learn from skilled trainers in CPD-accredited seminars and workshops at the only IWFM supported exhibition. You’ll test, trial and source smart solutions across technology, cleaning, FM services, waste and energy management. You’ll meet enthusiastic suppliers to identify new collaborations. By registering, you’ll also gain access to three neighbouring shows to enhance your specialisms across fire, security and health and safety. Get your free ticket for Facilities Show.