Centreplate in partnership with Portsmouth FC has introduced a new range of food and beverage offerings at Fratton Park to enhance the matchday experience for all.
With the new football season kicking off tomorrow (8 August – Portsmouth vs Dagenham & Redbridge), Centreplate, the club’s new stadium kisok catering partner will welcome fans with new culinary offerings and enhancements being introduced on the concourse as part of the long-term multi-million partnership.
The new menu and service enhancements are:
- Enhanced Football Classics– Centerplate is introducing a high-quality pork hot dog, a new burger and better ingredients for the steak & ale, Balti and cheese & onion pies.
- Speedier Service – the number of service locations will increase with additional service points and staff so we can meet the needs of the fans more efficiently.
- Beer service points will be increased and Portsmouth FC’s own lager – Belhaven Pompey will be introduced, alongside Greene King IPA and Strongbow cider.
- More Portsmouth Pride – All Centerplate team members will be issued with ‘Portsmouth blue’ uniforms and all menu boards will feature club branding.
- Service with a Smile – Centerplate will implement its effective ‘Centerplate University’ e-based learning portal, which puts the emphasis on gracious service alongside job task training.
Centerplate has promoted Gill Rimell, a highly-experienced hospitality professional to lead the Public Catering operation at Portsmouth FC. Rimell has worked for Centerplate for 15 years and previously ran food service operations at Oxford and Brentford, having also worked at other Centerplate venues including Millwall and Watford.
Centerplate’s UK vice president of operations Jeff Tandberg, commented:
“We really can’t wait to open up the new season at such a great stadium, on a site with such a rich history and local tradition. We have designed upgraded menu items, provided additional service locations and enhanced training for our team – all to make it even better to be at Fratton Park on a match day.”