Compass Group UK & Ireland has announced new measures to recognise the “exceptional efforts” of its colleagues and to support its communities during the coronavirus crisis.
The food and support services company says its colleagues are “playing an invaluable role in the effort against coronavirus in NHS hospitals and critical services up and down the country”. This includes sites like the new field hospital at ExCeL London, schools for key workers and vulnerable children, and the armed forces, police, national infrastructure and government buildings.
Compass employees are now also helping in supermarkets, as it redirects its supply chain to provide essential provisions for frontline workers, and the business is donating in cash and in kind to provide food within its communities.
The new measures being taken by Compass include the following:
Recognising frontline workforce
- Awarding a bonus in the range of 8 per cent to 17 per cent additional pay to all its 7,800 colleagues supporting the NHS as ward hosts, hospital porters or cleaners.
- Foodbuy, Compass’ procurement business, is providing 10,000 free food boxes for collection by its frontline employees.
Nutrition for the most vulnerable
- Compass is donating £500,000 of food to Fareshare as well as ensuring its food surplus continues to support food banks and other charity and community providers including: PlanZheroes, Too Good to Go, Olio, Salvation Army and City Harvest.
Supporting the national crisis effort
- Redeploying 1000s of Compass team members into hospitals, care homes and onto the shop floor of national retailers.
- Creating new cook-along YouTube content for people staying at home with regular shows for primary, secondary and adult audiences and weekly shows with CBBC celebrity Chef and MBE Allegra McEvedy.
Robin Mills, Managing Director Compass Group UK and Irelandcommented: “Across the UK, Compass employees are playing an invaluable role in the country’s battle against coronavirus, ensuring NHS patients and staff are fed and their wards are kept clean, and supporting key workers in the education, defence and infrastructure sectors. I am enormously proud of them and want to thank them for the incredible dedication they are showing in unprecedented circumstances. As a business we are doing everything we can to support the national effort.”
Join 12,000+ of your FM peers from across the world at ExCeL London on 08-10 September. Bring the team and boost your CPD, your skills and your career with seminars and workshops at the only IWFM- supported exhibition. Test, trial and source smart solutions across technology, cleaning, FM services, waste and energy management; and meet a host of suppliers for new business collaborations. Your ticket also gives you free access to co-located shows to boost your specialisms across wellbeing, smart buildings, fire, security and health & safety.