The Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management are now open for 2016 entries.
The Awards for Excellence recognise success and reward excellence in recycling and waste management, showcasing best practice and innovative approaches to improving the way resources are managed. Entries are welcomed from commercial organisations across all vertical industry sectors, local authorities, individuals and the community sector.
Organised by the Environment Media Group, the awards are free to enter and encompass a broad range of categories. Entrants have until 4 March 2016 to submit their 500 word entry for the judges’ consideration.
The awards culminate in an awards ceremony at the five-star Landmark Hotel in London on 19 May 2016.
Steve Eminton, editor of letsrecycle.com, said:
“The Awards for Excellence ceremony is very impressive and boosts recognition for everyone involved. Previous winners have included Intu Chapelfield Shopping Centre, New York Bakery in partnership with Biffa IRM, and Telefonica O2. Entries enjoy strong ambassador support from high profile sector partners. This year’s supporters include Biffa, Repic, Smart Solutions and Taylor. We welcome submissions from across all industry sectors, including partnership entries showing cross industry collaboration to keep materials out of landfill.”
The award categories are as follows:
- Retail recycling champion
- Circular economy success
- Waste management initiative in the commercial and public sector
- Design of a waste management facility
- Collection crew of the year
- The best community recycling initiative
- Recycling business of the year
- Civic amenity site of the year
- The best local authority recycling initiative
- Local authority recycling champion
- Zero waste platinum award
For the full list of criteria and entry guidelines, visit the awards website.