The awards, which have been running since 2001, have spotlighted the individuals and organisations driving innovation and delivering exceptional results in facilities management; providing an unrivalled opportunity to recognise and celebrate exemplary FM individuals, ideas and their impact from all types of organisations in the industry, right across the economy.
BIFM Awards Chair of Judges Steve Gladwin said: “The BIFM Awards celebrate the very best in facilities management, honouring the outstanding people and projects that are advancing our profession and demonstrating FM’s contribution to the wider economy.
“Every year the judges see inspiring examples of outstanding FM innovation and practice from teams and individuals representing all types of organisation, setting a benchmark for excellence and value creation in this diverse sector.
“It’s always a tough job judging this competition because the standard of entries is so high. I never fail to be inspired and encouraged by the quality of the nominations that come forward before us, which I know represents only the tip of iceberg of FM excellence.”
The forty-six finalists in eleven categories across the themes of People, Innovation and Impact are:
People – The individuals, teams and organisations who invest in their people, and who lead and drive improvements.
Newcomer of the Year:
• Bryony Wellman, ENGIE
• Millie Evans, Mace Macro
• Paul McNally, VINCI Facilities
• Shiloh Johal, Bellrock
Manager of the Year: BIFM
• David Aird, Amey, FM, Defence and Justice
• Laura Birnbaum, HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS)
• Marie Turner, Liverty1
• Simon Gregory, CBRE (Channel 4 Account)
Team of the Year:
• JLL in partnership with JP Morgan Chase
• Kier in partnership with Cardiff Council
• Macro & Standard Chartered Bank
• Mitie 1Team (at Vodafone)
• Mitie in partnership with Essex County Council
• VINCI Facilities (at London Stadium)
The Leader of the Year and the Lifetime Achievement Award winners will be announced during the Awards ceremony on 15 October.
Innovation – Recognising innovative FM technology, systems, products and services – and professional development, acknowledging the beneficial effect of new ideas, including enhanced experience, interaction and difference-making development.
Innovation in Professional Development Large Businesses:
• CBRE, GWS Connect (a new way of onboarding CBRE employees)
• FMP Event
• PTSG, Professional Development
Innovation in Products & Services:
• Any Junk
• Autonomous FM, An FM Integrator
• ENGIE, Robotic Process Automation
• Innovation Gateway
• Pod Point, Array Load Balancing
Innovation in Technology and Systems:
• BAM FM in partnership with Horus Sentinel
• Emaar Facilities Management L.L.C, Burj Khalifa
• ISS, ISS Waste Manager
• Matrix, Matrix Booking Workplace Collaboration Hubs
• Qwest Services
Impact – Demonstrating the real and tangible impact good FM brings to business, the environment and society.
Impact on Customer Experience:
• Direct Line Group, Integrated Customer Solution
• Kier Workplace Services (FM service provider) in partnership with Prospect Healthcare (Hinchingbrooke) Ltd & North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, Hinchingbrooke Treatment Centre
• Mitie in partnership with White & Case, Document Management
• Skanska (at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – SFHT), Commit to Customers
Impact on Employee Experience:
• Intu, Impact on Employee Experience
• Manchester Metropolitan University, The impact of Wellbeing on Performance at the Frontline of FM
Impact on Organisational Performance:
• Care UK, Facilities Management
• CBRE Global Workspace Solutions in partnership with Northumbria University Newcastle
• Skanska, Lift Your Wellbeing Programme
• Where We Work Ltd in partnership with Newable Ltd, A Brave New Workspace
Impact on Society:
• ENGIE in partnership with Our Parklife
• Sewell FM in partnership with Mencap – Abilities in Facilities
• Skanska, Build for a Better Society
Impact on the Environment:
• Kai Shing Management Services Limited, International Commerce Centre (ICC)
• M J Mapp, Environmental Improvement (across portfolio of managed sites)
• Skanska (at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – SFHT), Journey to Deep Green
• University of Oxford, Carbon Management Programme
• Waste to Wonder Network Operations Ltd – The Ethical Clearance Process
The winners will be announced at an Awards ceremony hosted by journalist, producer and TV presenter Steph McGovern at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel on Monday 15 October.
Tickets and tables are on sale now and can be booked at www.bifmawards.org.