Pierce McAllorum, EMEA Engineering and Sustainability Manager on the Linkedin Account for JLL, has won the FM Professional of the Year category at this year’s prestigious Facilities Management Awards in Ireland.
McAllorum faced fierce competition in this category – including Ibon Ibarrola Armendariz from CLH Aviation Ireland; Tatiana Crompton from Accent Solutions; Michael Duhig from OCS; Cormac Garton from Mitie; Shane Mulligan from the Clayton Hotel and Erin Quinn, CBRE at Johnson Controls.
The category recognises FM professionals who have demonstrated an exceptional contribution to the success of their company through their enthusiasm and effectiveness as an operative or supervisor in the past 12 months.
Launched in 2014, the Facilities Management Awards is a long-standing platform for recognising and rewarding companies and their teams who strive for excellence within the FM sector in Ireland.
The announcement follows Pierce being named the Newcomer of the Year category at last year’s prestigious British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) Ireland Awards.
McAllorum started his career as an apprentice electrician, later moving into the hotel sector as an engineer working in a range of five-star and four-star hotels in Dublin. He got his break into FM in 2016, taking on all the hard and soft services for a hotel from cleaning, security and waste management to engineering and parking. He then joined JLL to take up the newly-created engineering and sustainability role across EMEA for LinkedIn.
Commenting on McAllorum’s award, Lily Ellis, Account Director for JLL on the LinkedIn account said: “Pierce consistently goes far above and beyond what is expected of his role. He acts like an owner on behalf of JLL, consistently driving outcomes in the best interest of the company across EMEA and offering insights globally, a fact very much recognised within both companies. He is a worthy winner of this award.”
For a full list of the Facilities Management Awards winners, please see below.
- Overall Excellence in Facilities Management – CBRE
- Facilities Management Leader 2019 – Fionnuala Byrne – Google
- Total FM Service Provider of the Year – Aramark Workplace Solutions
- Specialist FM Service Provider of the Year – Zircon Mech
- Cleaning Service Provider of the Year – Ryans
- Cleaning Property Management Company go the Year – O’Dwyer Real Estate Management
- FM Project of the Year – Office – Vodafone Project – Mitie
- FM Project of the Year – Public Sector – Courts Bundle PPP Project – BAM FM Ireland
- FM Project of the Year – Health & Education – Garda College Project – Office of Government Procurement
- FM Team of the Year – In-house – Accent Solutions Energy Team
- Property Management Team of the Year – Wyse
- Best People Development in Facilities Management – CBRE
- FM Professional of the Year – Pierce McAllorum – JLL at LinkedIn
- Client & Service Provider Partnership of the Year – The Bridge Centre & Winters Property
- Excellence in Sustainability – An Post
- Excellence in Health & Safety – Road Safety Initiatives – Thermodial
- Innovation in Technology & Systems – mySUPPLER – CBRE