Mitie has today completed its acquisition of Interserve Facilities Management, combining forces to become the biggest FM operator in the UK. In an exclusive interview with FMJ Phil Bentley, Chief Executive, Mitie said that following the acquisition, “we aim to be the partner of choice in Government as well as in the private sector.”
Together, the enhanced Mitie Group aims to create a business which combines public and private sector expertise with industry-leading technology and sustainability credentials. The new operating model is designed to combine the best of both Mitie and Interserve Facilities Management and pledges to shape the future of the industry, with recognition for frontline heroes, industry-leading technology and a focus on sustainability
Phil Bentley, Chief Executive, Mitie, said: “I want to extend a warm welcome to all the new colleagues and clients who are joining Mitie today. I recognise that there is much to do as we bring our two companies together, but I believe that we have an opportunity to shape the future of Facilities Management. By being the voice of the frontline and a standard bearer for the industry, together, we will create a company we can all be proud of.”
The group will be formed of five divisions:
- Business Services which includes Security, Cleaning and Office Services
- Central Government and Defence
- Communities which will serve Hospitals, PFI Schools, Local Authorities
- Technical Services including Engineering Services, Energy, Water and Real Estate Services
- Specialist Services comprising of Mite’s existing Care & Custody, Landscapes and Waste businesses
- Mitie has invested heavily in its IT infrastructure over the past three years. Its award-winning technology will underpin the delivery of services, using a range of connected-technology including remote monitoring, real-time analytics, chatbots and energy monitoring. Technology is changing the FM industry and Mitie is at the forefront of this revolution, supporting clients to make workplaces safer, more agile, and more efficient, in the post-COVID-19 world.
Mitie now has 77,500 employees, the majority of which continue to work as frontline heroes, helping to keep the UK running throughout the pandemic and beyond. Recognising the vital services these colleagues provide, Mitie has developed a range of initiatives which offer support, development and opportunity, creating a great place to work for all colleagues.
A range of new industry-leading benefits will be available to all colleagues including life assurance, a 24/7 virtual GP service, and an Employee Assistance Programme, as well as a range of other lifestyle benefits.
Colleagues will also have access to Mitie’s Learning Hub, development programmes, and apprenticeship courses. This investment in learning and development, combined with the Group’s broad range of services and clients across every sector, means there will be even more opportunities for career progression.
You can read an exclusive interview with Phil Bentley on the acquisition.