A new White Paper by ISS reveals that projects with ‘excellent’ change management in place are six times more likely to meet objectives than those with ‘poor’ change management – and even those using ‘good’ change management are five times more likely to meet them.
According to research in the White Paper there are six key factors to achieving a successful transformation with an outsourcing partner. Every part of the organisation – from the individuals to any number of business units – need to be a part of the process.
For a true partnership to be established, the success of the changes implemented are critical and these are outlined as:
- The supplier needs to deliver a structured transition process and use proven change management and project management methodologies.
- The transition process needs to be led by a dedicated team of qualified and experienced transition managers, setup in alignment with the customer’s organisational structure.
- Project planning needs to be based on detailed scoping and stakeholder analysis, so that the full complexity of the change and related risks are understood.
- The scoping and stakeholder analysis should be used to inform targeted change management and communications to reach all stakeholder groups with the right messages.
- Governance and reporting structures must provide transparency.
- High-quality induction and training are needed to motivate and retain staff, and ensure their competencies match the customer requirements.
Simon Jacobs, Communications & Marketing Director – ISS UK commented: “Choosing an outsourcing partner is just the start of the process. As companies now seek more than simple cost savings, the outsourcing partner has a more important role. The two organisations will effectively create an interlocking relationship to allow both to truly focus on their own areas of expertise.”
He added: “An excellent example of this is the relationship between ISS and one of our major financial services clients. The client sees ISS as the support and key to delivering an excellent experience which meets their overall brand requirements. Excellence in transition is crucial to putting in place the kind of enduring partnership that outsourcing projects of growing complexity demand.”
Protecting and managing your assets has never been as important as it has been in recent times, and is a vital part of a successful business, economy and country. For three days only join more than 11,000 of your FM colleagues by clicking here and gain access to over 300 suppliers, for career development, training, networking, complimentary CPD workshops and so much more on 19th – 21st June.