Richard Irvin FM has announced a series of developments to the business as part of its long-term growth plan and target to increase revenues to £50 million and above.
The technical facilities management services provider employs 277 people across its network of offices in Scotland and England and currently turns over circa £35 million per annum with a strong operating profit.
The developments include:
- Opening two new offices in Warrington and Sunderland as part of its strategy to develop its business in the North East and North West of England, building on its strong position in Scotland.
- The consolidation of its extensive fleet and the commencement of a vehicle replacement programme.
- A refreshed brand and a revitalised marketing focus with a new website and sales literature, which more accurately reflects its services as well as its values – Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility and Collaboration.
- The launch of ASURE, a market-leading business platform to monitor, assess and share how it meets and exceeds clients’ compliance and delivery KPI’s.
- Introduction of better HR systems and processes to ensure its people are front and centre of the success of the business.
- Continued investment in staff training as part of its commitment to leading the way in health & safety and compliance across the industry as levels of complexity and regulation increase.
- Continued support of its apprenticeship scheme, with two new plumbing and heating apprentices in Inverness and Edinburgh and an administration apprentice in Edinburgh. Taking the number of apprenticeships supported by the firm to 12 over the past five years.
Mark Buchan, Managing Director of Richard Irvin FM said: “Financially, the business has continued to perform well since the acquisition by Rcapital. There is no doubt the pandemic has given our business some challenges, however, we are extremely well placed to return to a ‘near normal’ in Q3 and Q4 2020 and we continue to see the extension of key contracts, along with new work being tendered giving us a strong platform for growth.
“We are now very well placed to build an even stronger, sustainable business which is focused on making a positive impact – for ourselves and our clients. Never has this been more apt than in the current climate. We have the team in place to deliver this and a client base which we are extremely proud of from Amey Defence Services (MoD) and NHS to Total and ISS Business Services.”