The independent benchmarking service for the facilities management industry, Sitemark, has released an FM workplace risk assessment tool in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
The risk assessment tool will help FMs to identify the control measures to consider to minimise the risk of workplace infections. Originally produced for Sitemark clients, the company has decided to distribute the tool to all businesses considering the serious nature of the outbreak.
The assessment will vary from business to business and it is intended to be used alongside existing risk assessment policies and government guidelines. Sitemark has identified five areas to be assessed for control measures:
- Site Control – access points, visitor restrictions and visitor hygiene, non-touch dispensers and door mechanisms
- Cleaning Provision – specification frequency, schedule definitions, service provider contingency, chemical use, curtains / blinds, and rugs / mats, swab testing and steam cleaning
- Signage & Education – hand washing signage, hand washing videos and update alerts
- Building User Behaviours – home working, dress code, travel reduction, handshaking, workspace hygiene and self-isolation
- Contingency Plans – building closure plan, contract clarification, deep clean provider, deep clean methodology and sick pay policy
FMs enter an impact and adoption score for each assessment, then use a calculation in the tool to generate a score that will suggest the overall site risk level.
Mike Boxall, Managing Director at Sitemark, commented: “We felt obligated to share this assessment tool far and wide in the FM industry considering the severity of the coronavirus outbreak. We hope that through frequent assessment of key control measures, organisations across the country will be able to minimise the impact of the outbreak, and most importantly ensure their employees and customers stay healthy.”
The risk assessment tool can be downloaded here.
Join 12,000+ of your FM peers from across the world at ExCeL London on 08-10 September. Bring the team and boost your CPD, your skills and your career with seminars and workshops at the only IWFM- supported exhibition. Test, trial and source smart solutions across technology, cleaning, FM services, waste and energy management; and meet a host of suppliers for new business collaborations. Your ticket also gives you free access to co-located shows to boost your specialisms across wellbeing, smart buildings, fire, security and health & safety.