The UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) has revealed the names of 21 sustainability professionals who have been selected to embark on its Future Leaders programme 2020.
Now in its seventh year, the five-month programme brings together professionals in the early stages of their careers from across the built environment industry to take part in a unique programme of leadership and innovation.
The programme kicks off with a two-and-a-half-day innovation workshop in London at the end of January, followed by a series of innovation webinars, and a residential retreat in March, culminating in ‘Festival of Ideas’ with industry leaders in June. The programme takes participants on a journey to develop the capability and skills to drive change and sustainability, while progressing and boosting confidence in their own individual leadership journeys.
Future Leaders provides a forum for tomorrow’s leaders to confront critical issues facing the industry, including the climate crisis, while working collaboratively to address them through the development of innovative ideas to inspire the radical transformation of the built environment. Graduates from the programme are able to join the exclusive Future Leadership alumni network, which brings opportunities for continued professional development and access to a growing number of thought-leaders right across the built environment value chain.
2020 Future Leaders:
- Hannah Farahar, Development Project Manager, AECOM
- Claire Burgess, PR and Communications, Argent (starting from March 2020)
- Julia Messenger, Sustainability Advisor, BAM
- Matthew Lindsay, Project Manager, Biotecture Ltd
- Leila du Toit, Sustainability Manager, Canary Wharf Group plc
- Ann Xu, Analyst, CBRE
- Richard Vockins, Sustainability Consultant & ESG Programme Manager, CBRE
- Simon Perks, Development Manager, The Crown Estate
- Richard Sheppard, Principal Engineer, Cundall
- Mariya Tsvetkova, Associate, FORE Partnership
- Amanda Sheppard, Asset Manager, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Charlotte Sythes, Development Manager, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Drew Pinazza, Head of Public Spaces, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Erion Thaci, Project Manager, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Darren Pitts, Project Manager, Heathrow Airport Ltd
- Swati Singh, BREEAM Manager, High Speed Two Ltd
- Kate Donovan, Project Manager, Lendlease
- Robert Taylor, Product Manager – Residential Heating, Mitsubishi Electric UK Living Environmental Systems
- Sylvester Harker, Estates Manager, Retirement Villages
- Karl Desai, Advancing Net Zero Projects Manager, UK Green Building Council
- Charlotte Nye, Foundation Manager, Willmott Dixon
Applications for the 2021 cohort of Future Leaders will open in the summer.
Applications are currently open for UKGBC’s Change Accelerator programme, which gives middle to senior level business leaders cutting edge leadership insights alongside the opportunity to reframe their current business challenges and deliver meaningful change.
Join 12,000+ of your FM peers from across the world at ExCeL London on 19-21 May. Bring the team and boost your CPD, your skills and your career with seminars and workshops at the only IWFM- supported exhibition. Test, trial and source smart solutions across technology, cleaning, FM services, waste and energy management; and meet a host of suppliers for new business collaborations. Your ticket also gives you free access to co-located shows to boost your specialisms across wellbeing, smart buildings, fire, security and health & safety.