As the UK braces itself for an end to lockdown, demand for much need maintenance increases.
To combat labour shortages, commercial plumbing and heating engineers are looking at ways to complete more projects in a shorter space of time.
British-designed and built Aladdin EasyFit Isolators allow break-in and localised isolation of flowing water in minutes, ideal for planned maintenance leaks or bursts, no more cooling, draining or pipe freezing.
Aladdin EasyFit Isolators are a British designed and built live pipe isolation valve which first gained its WRAS approval in 2013.
This range of valves has a primary application in Facilities Management maintenance, offering considerable cost savings in labour and materials.
The innovative Aladdin EasyFit Isolator is a full-bore WRAS-approved quarter-turn valve which can be fitted in less than 3 minutes to a live pipe carrying hot or cold water, 16-bar rated. Its unique patented design utilises dual seal technology to clamp externally to a live pressurised pipe. An internal section of the pipe is cut away and the valve seals between both the cut away section and around the separated pipe sections. Thus, the Aladdin EasyFit Isolator is a revolutionary product and NOT a saddle valve. Aladdin Products are so sure of the technology in these valves they come with a 10-year warranty.
The Aladdin EasyFit Isolator can be installed into pressurised pipes in minutes using a standard 18v battery drill and the tools provided in the starter pack. Two Aladdin EasyFit Isolators can be used to isolate upstream and downstream flow in any desired section of an existing system, preventing the need to pipe freeze or drain down.
See this amazing valve in action and how it works in this animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCVQ0HkxNeg
Cooling and draining down a commercial system can take a whole day before intended work can commence, plus a similar time to re-commission. Aladdin EasyFit Isolators can cut this to a minimum, meaning projects can be completed in hours, leading to increased client satisfaction and significant cost savings.
The Aladdin EasyFit Isolator is quickly becoming the go to valve for general maintenance and emergency isolation, with MEARS and other companies holding van stocks in case of emergencies and for daily repairs.
It is far too common where an engineer attends a site to find no isolation point or the gate valve – stopcock or isolation valve is either seized or is passing, this can result in the whole building needing to be isolated, either by the attending engineer or waiting for a local water authority engineer to shut off supply. Leaking water can cause thousands of pounds worth of damage; but using an Aladdin EasyFit Isolator can allow the supply to be quickly switched off thus preventing further damage and saving money. Flowing hot or cold water can be isolated in less than 3 minutes. As it is WRAS approved as a stopcock it can therefore be used to replace a failed stopcock allowing the existing stopcock to be replaced or left in the open position.
Aladdin EasyFit Isolators allow you to break into a live pressurised pipe and isolate anywhere in a system, suitable up to 16-Bar, 85°C. The valves are available in sizes 15mm, 22mm and 28mm, to suit current EN and BS standard metric / imperial copper and plastic pipes.
Having problems isolating old imperial thick-walled or external 15mm-1/2” copper pipes? Look out for the Aladdin EasyFit Isolator Pro 15 suitable for ½” imperial and external applications.
Here are some of the many situations where Aladdin EasyFit Isolators can be used:
- As an emergency shut-off valve for leaking or burst pipework.
- As an emergency isolator where the stopcock is seized or inaccessible.
- To isolate a heating system for component maintenance.
- To save time on cooling, draining down, refilling, and commissioning.
- Where freezing is required, ‘no need to freeze’ Aladdin EasyFit Isolators save time with no disruption to other services.
- As a convenience device in multi-occupancy buildings (hospitals, care homes, hotels, pubs, leisure facilities, and HMO’s) where water supply needs to be worked on without inconveniencing other users.
- Where isolation is required for any water feed hot or cold up-to 16bar.
- As a green alternative, particularly to gas-freezing.
- To allow isolation in areas of a building where none exists.
- To allow maintenance to TMV’s.
- To allow installs of baths, showers, and vessels without shutting off supply to other areas of a building.
- As a replacement for the existing stopcock – Aladdin EasyFit Isolators are WRAS-approved stopcocks, eliminating the need for a return visit.
Aladdin EasyFit Isolators can be sourced via merchants, both independents and nationals. Should your preferred local merchant not already stock our products the Aladdin Products team would be happy to work with them to set this up for you.
The view or information contained within these unedited press releases, are that of the company producing it and not necessary the views of kpm.