PRODUCT SPECIALIST FOR IDOX CAFM EXPLORER
The workplace is evolving and the impact of technology continues to be remarkable. Agile work environments have sparked the need for new approaches to managing a facilities portfolio in order to effectively track space and ensure it is optimised for the business.
While technology to support portfolio management is nothing new, the trend towards agile working, hot desking and collaborative space necessitates the need for adopting smart technology to stay effective. A CAFM or integrated workplace management system (IWMS) provides the tools required to keep costs down and maximise the full potential of a portfolio.
Space management is one consideration. Here are five ways CAFM software can help support your organisation.
- Support flexibility. Whatever the industry or size of your organisation, aligning the use of your space with your business objectives is undoubtedly made easier with the right technology. Real estate can be expensive and redundant space is inefficient. Your ability to track occupancy allows you to maintain a sustainable real estate strategy and drive efficient space utilisation.
- Inform your decision-making. Facilities managers benefit from having real-time and accurate information available via configurable dashboards and a comprehensive choice of reports. The ability to view CAD plans linked to space data attributes for enabling scenario planning also helps space planners deliver an effective workplace.
- Control your costs. The efficient management of space within a building can have a huge impact on income to the building owner, or be a massive cost burden to the occupier. A CAFM solution provides essential tools to support the management of space and occupancy data, assist space planning and enable accurate cost allocations to your occupants.
- Stay compliant and manage risks. CAFM can help manage maintenance and health and safety, ensuring compliant processes and reporting, mitigating the risk of incidents and minimising impact on your facilities. A CAFM solution should include enforcement of appropriate risk assessments and standard operating procedures, including signature capture.
- Scalability. A facilities manager’s requirements will vary depending on the business size, industry and types of property. A CAFM solution can be available as either a hosted solution or on-premise, providing a comprehensive range of modules to support key FM tasks such as a reactive helpdesk, property maintenance, asset management, planned preventative maintenance (PPM), lease management and space management. A robust and highly configurable CAFM solution will be scalable to grow with your organisation.