Global manufacturer lays groundwork to achieve company goals for a more sustainable world
Diversified global manufacturer Milliken & Company highlights its journey towards a more sustainable world in the company’s second annual corporate sustainability report. The report, which is compiled by Milliken & Company includes progress across its global flooring, textile, specialty chemical and healthcare divisions, gives insight into Milliken’s environmental and social commitments by 2025.
“Milliken is meeting the demands of a rapidly changing world,” said Halsey M. Cook, president and CEO of Milliken & Company. “We’re driving progress for sustainability, inclusivity, zero waste, safety and more for the betterment of the planet and our company.”
Using a comprehensive goal scorecard, the 2019 report shares Milliken’s first year of progress towards the company’s 2025 sustainability goals. First introduced in the 2018 report, these goals encompass planet, products and people, and range from zero waste to landfill to fostering an inclusive community that embraces authenticity in the workplace.
- A commitment to analyse all new products applying Life Cycle Analysis (Milliken Flooring has conducted LCAs for nearly all flooring products)
- In 2019 Milliken joined the UN Global Compact, the largest global sustainability effort
- Milliken named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 14th consecutive year
- Joined CEO Action for diversity and inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Developed a content platform with National Geographic to spotlight Milliken’s commitment and convene thought leaders in a broader dialogue for sustainability solutions
- Reduced water usage by 4,000,000 gallons per year
- Assessed by 5 sustainability categories all Milliken’s global carpet tiles are certified Cradle to Cradle Silver
- Reduced indexed greenhouse gas emissions by 12.4%
View the complete report here: www.milliken.com/Sustainability_report
Milliken is a leading supplier of floor coverings, with a rich history of delivering dynamic carpet and luxury vinyl tile collections from its award-winning design studios and manufacturing facilities in Wigan, UK. Combining global insight with national expertise and proprietary technologies, Milliken is at the forefront of innovation and design, offering high-performance, expertly-engineered products. Founded in 1865 Milliken has achieved an amazing 150 years in the textiles business and is now one of the largest privately owned companies in the world, providing expert solutions across a range of disciplines, including specialty chemicals, floor coverings, and performance materials. With over 100 years of environmental stewardship, the Milliken family of companies is one of the world’s most responsible manufacturers.
Designing innovative products and solutions for our customers is of the utmost importance. Through meaningful design, deep science, and unique insights, we advance product development to the next level, while supporting Milliken’s efforts to increase sustainable results and minimise environmental impact of all products. Milliken’s holistic approach to innovation encompasses all stages of the life cycle – from material sourcing and manufacturing practices to end-of-life management. Our commitment to transparency, health, safety, quality, and sustainability allows us to put our customers, associates, and communities first. In 2020, Milliken was named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourteenth year running.
The view or information contained within these unedited press releases, are that of the company producing it and not necessary the views of kpm.