A new Cleaning and Hygiene Centre of Excellence has been launched in Birmingham by Mitie to showcase the latest products and service innovations in the cleaning industry.
Featuring a broad range of science and technology, the Centre demonstrates how the Science of Service can ensure the highest cleaning standards, while limiting the impact the sector has on the environment.
With Covid-19 changing how we work and live, now, more than ever, businesses understand the value and importance of investing in cleaning. The pandemic, coupled with the ongoing climate crisis, has also driven the biggest acceleration of cleaning technology ever seen. With this in mind, Mitie has created its new Cleaning and Hygiene Centre of Excellence, which has been designed to bring together new equipment and solutions, test new products, develop market leading training for its cleaning colleagues, and trial new sustainability initiatives.
The centre consists of six zones, each highlighting how different solutions can drive innovation in the sector:
- Zone 1 – The science of cleaning and hygiene: This fully operational, Health and Safety Executive accredited laboratory demonstrates the role science plays in cleaning innovation. The lab can be used to test and show the effectiveness of cleaning products, such as enzyme-based solutions
- Zone 2 – Sector innovation: With Mitie’s customers spanning all sectors, from retail and offices to hospitals, manufacturing sites and travel hubs, this Zone focuses on the best equipment and technology to solve industry-specific issues
- Zone 3 – People and operational excellence: Dedicated to its 25,000+ frontline colleagues, this Zone is used to demonstrate Mitie’s people-focused innovations, training programmes, and the ‘perfect cleaning cupboard’
- Zone 4 – Sustainable and hygienic environments: In support of Mitie’s Plan Zero commitment to reduce its environmental impact, this Zone showcases sustainable solutions, from bamboo and sugar cane paper products, to energy-efficient robotics
- Zone 5 – The immersive zone: This Zone offers a first-hand experience of Mitie’s specialist services, which can be experienced through virtual reality, such as cleaning at height
- Zone 6 – The Science of Service: This zone showcases how powerful advances in technology can enable new ways of working, such as demand-led cleaning or occupancy tracking, to deliver greater efficiency in cleaning and hygiene
To ensure the Centre stays at the forefront of sector innovation, Mitie is constantly meeting with innovators that are developing solutions to create hygienic workspaces, while reducing the use of chemicals, water, and energy. This means that the displays will regularly rotate and change as new products and services are trialled.
Jason Towse, Managing Director, Business Services, Mitie said: “We believe that it is the combination of our exceptional colleagues, backed by the latest innovation that means we can deliver the best for our customers. Leading an industry is both a privilege and a responsibility, which is why we are investing heavily in our people and technology, to accelerate the Science of Service.
“Technology and innovation not only ensures more hygienic spaces, it helps reduce our impact on the planet while also creating more fulfilling, skilled careers for our cleaning colleagues. As the UK’s largest provider of cleaning services, with a footprint covering hundreds of customers and thousands of sites, we are in a unique position to drive the industry forward. Hosting the future of our industry under one roof, the Cleaning and Hygiene Centre of Excellence is just the start.”
Mitie’s Science of Service combines innovation with intelligence, applying the power of technology to create lasting impact for both people and planet. To find out more click here.
Join thousands of your FM peers from across the world at ExCeL London on 17-19 May.
Bring the team and boost your CPD, your skills and your career with seminars and workshops. Test, trial and source smart solutions across technology, cleaning, FM services, waste and energy management; and meet a host of suppliers for new business collaborations.
5 Shows. 1 ticket.
Your free ticket to Facilities Show gives you unlimited access to four other co-located events, meaning you have a unique opportunity to enhance your facilities management strategy with products and solutions from across facilities management, security, fire protection & prevention, intelligent buildings and health & safety.