Healthy hydration is essential to the well-being of the workforce, helping to keep the immune system strong – and this is just as important in the Winter months as it is in the Summer:
- Keeping hydrated will help the workforce stay alert and energetic all day, fending off daytime fatigue caused by central heating and heated air conditioning
- Thirst can be mistaken for hunger and result in snacking – in the winter that can especially lead to weight gain. Remaining hydrated prevents the desire to eat between meals and helps digestion
- At a time when there are a lot of viruses circulating, in addition to Covid-19, dehydration can weaken immune systems and reduce resistance to infections. Reaching for a glass of water ensures that the barriers used to protect the body are fully in action and intact
- Christmas parties will soon be returning – drinking water glass for glass can help prevent over indulgence and resulting sore heads!
Use of a water dispenser is a simple and easy method of providing workplace hydration in a safe and hygienic way with minimal personal contact. For workers still reticent about returning to work, the fear of contracting the Covid-19 will be at the forefront of their minds; using toilets and other facilities such as the communal kitchen could be risk areas and the WHA Guidelines are there to ensure that the water dispenser is not.
When FMs are looking for hydration solutions for their customers it may be difficult to distinguish between all the various companies and offerings in the marketplace. That’s where the Water-Dispenser and Hydration Association (WHA) comes in. The WHA treats safety as its highest priority and is the body that oversees its Members to ensure continued and sustainable standards. So what’s in it for FMs? – especially with continued concerns relating to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Using a WHA Member gives peace of mind; just as you would only use approved suppliers to fit electrical and gas appliances, you need to ensure that your water dispenser provider is a professional too – and you can do this by using a WHA Member.
WHA Members must follow the highest standards in safety and hygiene. They are:
- Professional, reliable and motivated to supply the best products and services
- Committed to delivering safe hydration that promotes health and wellbeing
- Audited rigorously to the highest industry standards of hygiene and safety of drinking water
- Assessed to comply to both legislative and WHA requirements so FMs can be assured that their legal obligations are met
- Mandated to receive regular industry specific training in hygiene, distribution management and dispenser installation
- Supported by knowledgeable and expert industry specialists
- Assured to provide a distinct point of difference in the hydration marketplace.
Customers are advised to introduce a daily cleaning and disinfection of all contact surfaces within their workplace as well as social distancing. Customer Factsheets are available on www.twha.co.uk/hydration on both the re-introduction of workplace hydration and essential care of water dispensers.
We strongly recommend that when looking for hydration solutions for your clients, you place membership of the WHA as an accreditation body on your checklist of requirements. Quality. Trust. Standards. We are WHA – the advantage is clear.
Quote WHA in all tender documentation. Visit www.twha.co.uk/Find-a-Member for a full list of accredited WHA Members.
The view or information contained within these unedited press releases, are that of the company producing it and not necessary the views of kpm.