From June 19 to 21st, over 11,000 FM professionals from across the globe will gather at ExCeL London to identify new suppliers, source the latest innovative solutions, hear from leaders in the field and network with their peers
The world’s largest dedicated event devoted to facilities management returns to ExCel in London in June, with over 300 exhibitors and a mix of events to help stimulate FM’s thinking and help them innovate within their profession.
The latest cost-effective products and services will be on show across numerous sectors, from cleaning and maintenance, energy to CAFM. Visitors will also have plenty of opportunity to hear about and discuss the industry’s hottest topics at the cutting edge of FM, and keep abreast of legislation updates and regulation changes.
Held in association with the British Institute of Facilities Management and world-class real estate firm CBRE, Facilities Show 2018 continues to attract inspirational speakers, contractors and individuals. It champions the industry, changes perceptions, drives excellence and pioneers new-age leadership.
FACILITIES SHOW FEATURES:
ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT KEYNOTE THEATRE
The 2018 theatre is split into different themes: the workplace, technology and people. The programme includes presentations and panel discussions on topics including workplaces of the future, security, delivering top class FM on a budget, leadership, office refurbs and relocations, technology disruption, diversity, skills and recruitment, getting recognition in the board-room and flexible working amongst others.
FMJ DEBATE: WORKPLACES OF THE FUTURE
Day 1 (19th June)
TIME: 12.00 – 12.40
Learn what your employees might expect from their workplace by 2025. Will there be an increase in non-traditional spaces such as gyms? What will your biggest challenge as an FM be in managing workplaces of the future? What role will sustainability play?
- Adam Burtt Jones, Co-Founder, Workplace Design Consultancy
- Alistair Craig, Managing Director, Anabas
- Dr Andy Lewry, Principal Technical Consultant, BRE
- Adrian Powell, Director, Active FM
- Ian Wade, Head of UK Estates, BMA
BIFM SMART CLIENT PROGRAMME – TOOLS FOR SMART PROCUREMENT
The BIFM will be hosting a free Smart Client Programme, equipping attendees with the knowledge and tools to make smart procurement decisions, enabling successful client-supplier partnerships. Seminar sessions will be followed by pre-booked 1:1 appointments with selected suppliers, addressing procurement needs in a time-efficient manner within a secure setting.
The 90-minute session will be delivered by high-level trainers from BIFM Academy and will cover:
- How to select a contractor or supplier
- How to use strategic sourcing to improve quality, deliver efficiencies and reduce risk
- What do to when contracts go wrong
INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKERS PROGRAMME 2018
One of the highlights of the Facilities Show is the range of aspirational speakers which have graced the stage and this year’s contributors continue that tradition to include comedian and mental health expert Ruby Wax OBE, former Army Brigadier Nicky Moffat CBE and Sir Clive Woodward OBE.
- Ruby Wax combines expert psychological insight with trademark wit and humour, helping individuals and groups understand how to create an open, honest and successful culture. A hilarious yet essential education, not to be missed by responsible employers and employees alike.
- English rugby legend and management pioneer, Clive Woodward, takes to the stage to discuss the key attributes needed to create a winning team on and off the pitch; talent, teachability, pressure and will.
- With over 30 years’ experience in leadership roles within the British Army, Nicky Moffat gives us an educated perspective on strong leadership as well as tangible, tried and tested methodology to drive inclusive change and optimum performance.